Garden Court Crime Team will once again be collaborating with the Criminal Law Friendly Society to deliver a day of training led by our criminal defence barristers.
|Date:||Friday 24 October 2014|
|Time:||09:30am - 5:00pm|
|Venue:||The Light Conference Centre, Friends House, 173 Euston Road, London NW1 2BJ Get directions|
|Areas of Law:||Criminal Defence|
Free places for trainees and pupil barristers now available! Please see below for full details.
The Garden Court Crime Team is once again partnering with the Criminal Law Friendly Society to present a full-day conference of training.
This autumn's conference will combine the common procedures which criminal defence solicitors manage with more detailed discussion of topical issues. Immigration offences such as trafficking have been in the headlines throughout the year, and the speakers will address what these mean for typical solicitors, along with discussion of how and when to make use of forensic evidence.
We would be delighted if you could join us after the conference for complimentary drinks – full details will be announced shortly.
- Police powers and youth litigation – Owen Greenhall and Joanne Cecil
- Sentencing update – Catherine Oborne and Vikki Kerly. Chair: Bernard Tetlow QC
- Immigration and trafficking offences – Paramjit Ahluwalia and Michelle Brewer. Chair: Dexter Dias QC
- Disclosure – Keir Monteith and Anthony Harrison
- Forensic evidence: fact or opinion? Forensic Equity senior scientists guest lecture – Simon Franc, Philip Boyce, Nigel Hodge
- Appeals – Sam Parham and Emma Fenn. Chair: Stephen Kamlish QC
- Unity within the profession Paul Harris (ex president LCCSA). Speaking on the LCCSA and CLSA judicial review win against the Lord Chancellor, where firm closures were ruled "So unfair as to amount to illegality".
- Closing address
Please note that the programme is subject to change.
Who should attend?
- Solicitors and partners
- Solicitor advocates
- Trainee solicitors
- Police station representatives
- Solicitors Regulation Authority: 7:00 hours
- Bar Standards Board: 6:00 hours
About the speakers
The speaker panel are all members of the Garden Court Crime Team:
- Paramjit Ahluwalia
- Michelle Brewer
- Joanne Cecil
- Dexter Dias QC
- Emma Fenn
- Owen Greenhall
- Anthony Harrison
- Stephen Kamlish QC
- Vikki Kerly
- Keir Monteith
- Catherine Oborne
- Sam Parham
- Alex Rose
- Bernard Tetlow QC
Guest speakers: Simon Franc, Philip Boyce and Nigel Hodge, all of Forensic Equity and Paul Harris, ex president LCCSA.
Please note that the speaker panel may be subject to change.
What delegates said about the 2013 conference
“Very worthwhile and very good value compared with other courses”
“Very interesting, highly relevant topics from practitioners in their field”
“Very good all round with a good range of topics”
“Very informative, well-structured and well presented”
“Great place, great speakers and content”
Freelance Solicitor Advocate
“Extremely helpful and friendly”
Booking details and free places
We are delighted to be able to offer free places to trainee solicitors and pupil barristers from criminal firms and chambers.
To reserve your free trainee/pupil place now, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, your firm and the contact details of your supervisor who oversees your training/crime seat.
For all other practitioners and professionals the delegate fee is just £50.00 (+ £2.00 booking fee) per delegate. To book your place, click the button below to go to the online booking form.
Please note that this event is being administered by the Criminal Law Friendly Society rather than Garden Court. If you have any questions regarding this event please email email@example.com as Chambers is unable to assist with bookings or enquiries.