Garden Court are pleased to announce that Alison Grief has been appointed as the new 'Assistant Deputy Coroner for Mid Kent and Medway,' Alison was appointed on 2nd June 2008.
Alison is a specialist in the law relating to children. Her practice consists of approximately 80% Public Law acting for parents, children's guardians and competent children, local authorities and the Official Solicitor.
She has particular expertise in the following areas:
- infant deaths and near fatal injuries
- Complex injuries, in particular head injuries,
- fabricated/induced illness
- Sexual abuse including inter-familial and inter-generational abuse, incest, internet child pornography, sado-masochism, children who are both victim and abuser
- Running Care proceedings where there are concurrent criminal proceedings for murder/manslaughter/allowing a death/assault/child cruelty and neglect
- Adoption and Special Guardianship
- Judicial Review in relation to children's rights ie local authority duties to provide services, education and accommodation
- Private Law Children proceedings in which:-
- allegations of abuse are raised
- an expert (including the CAFCASS officer) need detailed cross examination
- there is an international element