Garden Court Chambers is a large and dynamic Barristers' Chambers with a team of staff who provide the clerking, financial, marketing and administrative support for over 190 barristers.
We are a diverse set, specialising in all aspects of human rights and social welfare law, including crime, family law, housing, immigration, and civil law. We are based in a Grade 1 listed building in Lincoln's Inn Fields, close to Holborn tube station and a range of shops, bars and restaurants.
We now have a vacancy within our Services Team for a Building Maintenance Officer.
1. All aspects of day to day maintenance of Chambers’ building including:
a) Electrical work
e) Kitchen equipment
k) Fire equipment/Fire precautions
2. Keeping a record of faults and snags and action taken to rectify them
3. Engaging outside contractors where necessary and obtaining necessary approval for expenditure
4. Maintaining a record of maintenance contracts with external contractors and ensuring that they are monitored and renewed as necessary
5. Carrying out a programme of planned and cyclical maintenance and maintaining appropriate records to ensure this function is managed effectively
6. Liaising with outside contractors when they are on premises
7. Liaising with Camden Council/English Heritage on any issues concerning the listing of the buildings
8. Undertaking an oversight on health and safety check and noting an reporting to the Operations Manager items requiring action
9. Working with the Operations Manager to ensure that the building meets the requirements of Health and Safety legislation
10. Ensuring that small electrical equipment is PAT tested as necessary
11. Provide support for the setting up and security of internal and external events which may include some evening work from time to time
12. Managing the day to day security of the building and keeping appropriate records, including operating Access Control System
13. Supervising the daily cleaning of the building and liaison with contractors to maintain a clean and safe site at all times
14. Such other duties as may be required from time to time as determined by the Operations Manager
SALARY, BENEFITS AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This position attracts a salary of up to £30,000 pa, plus a range of staff benefits.
- Hours: 09:00 to 17:30 or 09:30 to 18:00 depending on a shift Monday to Friday, with one hour for lunch.
- Holidays: 25 days per annum (plus bank holidays)
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- The successful applicant will be required to sign an undertaking of confidentiality.
HOW TO APPLY
Please note: any applications submitted without a completed application form and equality and diversity monitoring form, will not be considered.
CLOSING AND INTERVIEW DATES
The closing date for applications will be 4 pm Monday 3rd February 2020. The interviews will take place in week starting Monday 10th February 2020.
Garden Court is committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination and to encouraging diversity. Applications from ethnic minority and women candidates are particularly welcome. We seek to operate a fair recruitment process.