Garden Court Chambers is one of the largest and most successful barristers’ chambers in the UK. Following rapid expansion in recent years, we now have over 180 barristers supported by a busy Clerking team. We are recognised as leaders in civil liberties, housing, immigration, family and public law and criminal defence. Our passion for human rights and social justice has shaped the development of law in these areas over the last 40 years. This is reflected in our ground-breaking cases, which hit the news headlines every week.
Due to continued growth and expansion, we are now looking to recruit for two Administrative Assistants (Court Runners). The successful candidate will have excellent organisational skills as well as the ability to prioritise tasks. A minimum of 5 GCSEs at A-C or equivalent is essential. This is an important role offering administrative support to all our clerking teams and will include the following:
- Dealing with all the incoming and outgoing post
- Delivering papers to/from court and other chambers
- Assisting with copying and scanning of document bundles
To view and download a copy of the full job description and person specification, please CLICK HERE.
SALARY, BENEFITS AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This position attracts a salary of £22,000 pa, plus a range of staff benefits, including a pension.
- Hours: 9:00 to 17:30 or 9:30 to 18:00 on a weekly rota basis, Monday to Friday, with one hour for lunch
- Holidays: 25 days per annum (plus bank holidays)
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- The successful applicant will be required to sign an undertaking of confidentiality
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING AND INTERVIEW DATES
The closing date for applications will be at 16:00 on Friday 16th August 2019. The interviews will take place in the week beginning Monday 19th August 2019.
Garden Court is committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination and to encouraging diversity. Applications from ethnic minority and women candidates are particularly welcome. We seek to operate a fair recruitment process.