A round table discussion of principles and issues arising on transferring proceedings from family court to COP and transferring from children's services to adult services.
|Date:||Wednesday 22 July 2020|
|Time:||11am - 12:30pm|
|Areas of Law:||Family Law , Court of Protection , Community Care Law , Youth Justice & Child Rights|
Speakers will refer to any recent Covid-19-related changes in law and practice so far as they think relevant to the topic; as the recent CVA 2020 changes are temporary we will still look at points under the usual legal framework .
The structure of the meeting will be as follows:
- What are the rules and principles for transfer of proceedings concerning children aged 16 and over from the family court to the COP?
- Discussion of examples of cases that have been transferred/where transfer has been considered but the case not transferred and the rationale.
(2) Children's services : Care packages provided to parents of disabled children (16 plus) by children's services - Gráinne Mellon
- A brief outline of the legal framework for provision of services to parents of disabled children by local authority children's services.
- What issues commonly arise for parents trying to get these services/ in the delivery of them?
(3) Transition to Adult Social Care - Bethan Harris
- How early will the adult care assessment be carried out in advance of the child reaching 18?
- What problems commonly arise for young disabled adults and their parents in the transition from children's to adult services?
(4) Questions and discussion on issues relating to these topics.
This online meeting will be delivered online via Zoom. Please see the joining details below.
To join the meeting at 11am please click this Zoom Meeting link, then enter the following details if required:
Meeting ID: 844 5476 9416
If you are planning to join via mobile or landline please use the following details:
One tap mobile
+442039017895,,84454769416#,,,,0#,,067453# United Kingdom
+441314601196,,84454769416#,,,,0#,,067453# United Kingdom
Dial by your location
+44 203 901 7895 United Kingdom
+44 131 460 1196 United Kingdom
+44 203 051 2874 United Kingdom
+44 203 481 5237 United Kingdom
+44 203 481 5240 United Kingdom
If you are calling from overseas please find your local number to join.
We look forward to welcoming you.