Refresh your knowledge of the uses of Article 8 with two experienced housing practitioners.
|Date:||Thursday 7 November 2013|
|Time:||6:30pm - 8:00pm|
|Venue:||Garden Court Chambers, 57-60 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LJ|
This seminar will examine the recent developments concerning Article 8 ECHR and housing law. This will include both domestic developments and an analysis of what can be learnt from recent decisions of the European Court of Human Rights. The speakers will draw on these developments to illustrate the areas in which Article 8 still has value and will identify specific legal problems and scenarios in which it may provide an answer. Participants will leave with valuable examples which will assist them in using Article 8 confidently and efficiently in their day-to-day work.
This seminar will cover:
- An overview of the current law
- An analysis of recent developments in domestic case law
- Analysis of recent developments in the Strasbourg case law
- The identification of practical applications of the recent developments, including:
- Factually exceptional cases
- The use of Article 8 as a defence at the enforcement stage
- Application of Article 8 to claims by private landlords
- Damages claims based on Article 8
What is included?
- 1.5 hours of fully-accredited CPD training
- Talks prepared by two leading housing law barristers
- Comprehensive notes for your future reference
- The opportunity to ask questions
Who should attend?
Advisers, solicitors and paralegals who work in housing law.
About the speakers
Alex Offer is a barrister at Garden Court North and a door tenant at Garden Court Chambers.
CPD Hours: 1.5
Speakers: Stephen Cottle and Alex Offer
Cost: £25.00 per person plus VAT