|Date:||Thursday 24 January 2013|
|Time:||6:30pm - 8:00pm|
|Venue:||Garden Court Chambers, 57-60 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LJ Get directions|
|Areas of Law:||Housing Law|
Following the amendment of part 7 of the Housing Act 1996 by the Localism Act 2011 new rules allow housing authorities to make offers of private rented sector accommodation to homeless people. This seminar will inform delegates of how new statutory provision, Regulations and Supplementary Code of Guidance work.
This seminar will cover:
- Ending the main housing duty with private rented sector offers
- Assessing suitability: balancing affordability and location
- The special rules for re-applications within two years
- The new Supplementary Code of Guidance
What is included?
- 1.5 hours of fully-accredited CPD training
- Talks prepared by barristers experienced in housing law
- Comprehensive notes for your future reference
- The opportunity to ask questions
Who should attend?
Solicitors and caseworkers advising clients on any aspect of an application for homelessness assistance.
The seminar will assume a working knowledge of homelessness law, but will be accessible to those just beginning in the field as well as to specialists.
About the speakers
Liz Davies is the co-author, with Jan Luba QC, of Housing Allocation and Homelessness (Jordans). The third edition was published in November 2012 and contains the new statutory materials and up to date commentary.
Cost: £25.00 per person plus VAT