|Date:||Thursday 30 June 2016|
|Time:||10:00am - 5:00pm|
|Venue:||Garden Court Chambers, 57-60 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LJ|
|Areas of Law:||Administrative and Public Law , Community Care Law , Housing Law , Welfare Benefits Law , Children Law , Immigration: Personal and Business , Immigration Detention, Asylum and Deportation|
On 12 May 2016, the Immigration Act 2016 came into force. This all-day conference delivered by Garden Court's Immigration, Housing, Social Welfare and Public Law barristers will consider public law strategies and future challenges arising from the new Act, focusing on barriers to support.
Cost: £35.00 + VAT
Please note that spaces are limited. If you are interested in attending, please email email@example.com and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
What will the conference cover?
- Overview: Barriers to support in a "hostile environment"
- Access to s17 support for migrant families
Irena Sabic and Connor Johnston
- Corporate parenting lite: Support for unaccompanied minors and care leavers
Shu Shin Luh and Maria Moodie
- Care and support for vulnerable adults
Bethan Harris and Tim Baldwin
- Changes to accommodation: Asylum support and Right to Rent
Adrian Berry and Liz Davies
What is included?
- 6 hours of CPD training
- Comprehensive notes for you to take away
- The opportunity to ask questions
- Lunch and refreshments
- Access to materials from the associated conference: ‘The Immigration Act – Enforcing a “hostile environment”: Immigration Control'
- A drinks reception and canapés