Enrich your knowledge of recent legislative developments with two experienced housing law barristers
|Date:||Thursday 26 June 2014|
|Time:||6:30pm - 8:00pm|
|Venue:||Garden Court Chambers, 57-60 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LJ|
This seminar will provide delegates with an update on recent legal developments in the areas of homelessness and housing allocations. Delegates will leave with a refreshed knowledge of these areas of law, and with practical examples to use in their day-to-day work.
This seminar will cover:
- A review of the latest homelessness statistics
- A roundup of recent case law in this area touching on intentional homelessness (Birmingham CC v Balog, Farah v Hillingdon LBC and Viackiene v Tower Hamlets LBC); the procedural requirements of a s202 review (Mohamoud v Birmingham CC and Solihull MBC v Khan); contracting out (Tachie v Welwyn Hatfield BC); and developments since Zambrano (R (HC) v Secretary of State for Work and Pensions and Hines v Lambeth LBC)
- Recent legislative changes including the Allocation of Housing and Homelessness (Eligibility) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2014 SI 2014/235
- Tips and suggestions on how to deal with the changes to funding for judicial review contained in the Civil Legal Aid (Remuneration) (Amendment) (No. 3) Regulations 2014
Please note this seminar will not cover the changes to Welsh homelessness law contained within the Housing (Wales) Bill.
What is included?
- 1.5 hours of fully-accredited CPD training
- Talks prepared by experienced housing law barristers
- Comprehensive notes for your future reference
- The opportunity to ask questions
Who should attend?
Housing law practitioners working at all levels
About the speakers
Stephen Cottle is an experienced housing law barrister with particular expertise in possession and disrepair cases, as well as in equality issues and homelessness. Stephen is a finalist in the 'Legal Aid Barrister of the Year' category at the Legal Aid Lawyer of the Year Awards. He is a member of the Housing Team.
Connor Johnston is a housing law barrister with expertise in homelessness issues and possession proceedings, and is dedicated to representing particularly vulnerable clients. He is a member of the Housing Team.
CPD Hours: 1.5
Speakers: Connor Johnston and Stephen Cottle
Cost: £25.00 per person plus VAT