This webinar was brought to you by the Garden Court Chambers Housing Team.
Positioned at the forefront of social housing legal advice, Garden Court Chambers is ranked in Band 1 of the Chambers UK Bar Guide, in recognition of our outstanding expertise in this area of law.
|Date:||Thursday 25 June 2020|
|Areas of Law:||Housing Law|
This webinar covered all you need to know about Eligibility for Housing and Homelessness Assistance for EU Citizens and their family members:
- In the Brexit transition period to 31 December 2020
- In the Brexit grace period to 30 June 2021
- From July 2021
In respect of each period of time, it deals with:
- Using EEA Registration Certificates and Residence Cards to prove entitlement
- Settled Status issues
- Work-arounds where a person has pre-settled status
- The Undocumented
- Pregnancy, maternity and EU residence rights
- Frontier Workers
- Using EU-UK Withdrawal Agreement rights directly
- The habitual residence test
- Evidence issues
The webinar is essential for the busy housing practitioner who wishes to be up-to-speed with the issues upon which EU citizens and their family members will be seeking advice now and in the future.
Please see a recording of the webinar below.