|Date:||Tuesday 23 March 2010|
Impact of the 2007 Act and the new Tribunal Structure:
- Identify the key changes in mental health legislation from 2007
- Describe how these changes impact on practice and procedure before a Tribunal
- Identify key problems within the current legislation and routes of challenge
- Describe how the new tribunal structure works in its Appellate and Judicial Review jurisdiction
- Identify any problems with the new Appellate jurisdiction and whether it has made any significant impact on Mental health law
- The future for mental health law under the new regime.
This training is aimed at solicitors specialising in mental health law, caseworkers and solicitors and advice workers in other areas of practice where mental health issues arise with their clients. It aimed at practitioners and advice workers with some working knowledge of mental health law.
Roger Pezzani and Tim Baldwin