|Date:||Thursday 19 October 2017|
|Time:||6:30pm - 8:00pm|
|Venue:||Garden Court Chambers, 57-60 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LJ Get directions|
|Areas of Law:||Court of Protection|
Cost: £25.00 + VAT
You are invited to join Garden Court Chambers for a seminar on recent developments in case-law and practice in health and welfare proceedings in the Court of Protection.
Topics to be covered include:
- Case-management and the Supreme Court's decision in N v ACCG
- Recent case-law on determining best interests (including according weight to wishes and feelings; religious practices; preventing alcohol use)
- Recent developments in deprivation of liberty and s 21A (Ferreira, Briggs; children and young people)
- Using the inherent jurisdiction (e.g. where a person is "ineligible")
- Enforcement of CoP orders (committal; the decision in Kirk)
- Claims for damages for breaches of Arts 5 and 8
Drinks and nibbles will be served after the seminar for which we hope you will join us.
Who should attend?
The seminar is aimed at practitioners in the Court of Protection at all levels of experience.
To book your place on this seminar, please use the booking form below. If you have any queries, please contact the Garden Court Chambers events team at firstname.lastname@example.org.