This webinar was brought to you by the Garden Court Chambers Court of Protection Team.
|Date:||Thursday 25 June 2020|
|Areas of Law:||Court of Protection|
Please join us remotely for our Court of Protection Health and Welfare Update - a review of some of the key case law and legal developments over the last 12 months.
The programme included:
- Capacity – recent case law on the test for capacity to consent to sexual relations, contact, fluctuating capacity and anticipatory declarations.
- Best interests – recent serious medical treatment decisions and guidance; wishes and feelings in recent case law; best interests in the context of Covid-19
- Deprivation of liberty - 16-17 year olds (Re D UKSC ); full and frank disclosure in Re X applications
- Personal welfare deputies – the principles (Lawson, Mottram and Hopton )
- Inherent jurisdiction in relation to vulnerable adults – highlights from recent case law
We were joined by District Judge John Beckley speaking on: Recent developments - a perspective from the Bench.
Garden Court speakers
Our panel of barrister speakers from Garden Court act in Court of Protection proceedings for family members, the Official Solicitor, professional Relevant Person's Representatives, other litigation friends and public bodies:
To book your place on this seminar, please use the booking form below. If you have any queries, please contact the Garden Court Chambers events team at firstname.lastname@example.org.