|Date:||Wednesday 7 November 2018|
|Time:||6:30pm - 8:00pm|
|Venue:||Garden Court Chambers, 57-60 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LJ Get directions|
|Areas of Law:||Administrative and Public Law|
This seminar will explore the proliferation of the Closed Material Procedure across different legal jurisdictions, charting emerging themes, legal developments and identifying tactical solutions.
The seminar will navigate the developments across a broad range of jurisdictions including the Employment Tribunal, Immigration and Asylum Tribunal, Family Court, Special Immigration Appeals Commission, Public Inquiries and the Administrative Court and consider strategies to cope with this demanding aspect of practice.
Speakers & Topics Include
- Sonali Naik QC (Call: 1991, Silk: 2018) and Bryony Poynor (Call: 2009), speaking on recent experiences of Closed Material Procedure within the Immigration and Asylum Tribunal
- Maya Sikand (Call: 1997), speaking on closed material within inquiries including the Undercover Policing Inquiry, encompassing Restriction Orders/judicial review and closed material
- Mai-Ling Savage (Call: 1998), speaking on issues experienced within the Family Courts relating to Closed Material Procedure
- Paul Troop (Call: 1998), speaking on the Closed Material Procedure within the Employment Tribunal
- Edward Grieves (Call: 1995) will be chairing the event, and covering Closed Material Procedure at the Administrative Court and the Special Immigration Appeals Commission
Drinks and canapés will be served after the seminar for which we hope you will join us.