|Thursday 26 September 2013
|6:30pm - 8:00pm
|Garden Court Chambers, 57-60 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LJ
Following the introduction of Universal Credit and the changes to housing benefit legislation and case law, this seminar will examine how these developments will affect housing clients. Delegates will also be offered potential strategies to minimise the impact of these changes.
This seminar will cover:
- Developments in housing benefit legislation and case law and the effect this will have upon housing clients
- Universal Credit and its impact upon housing clients
- The likely timetable for the introduction of the changes
- Possible strategies to assist clients in overcoming or reducing the impact of the changes
What is included?
- 1.5 hours of fully-accredited CPD training
- Talks prepared by an experienced housing law barrister and a judge experienced in hearing social security cases
- Comprehensive notes for your future reference
- The opportunity to ask questions
Who should attend?
Advisers, solicitors and paralegals who are working on behalf of tenants.
About the speakers
John Eames sits as a First Tier Tribunal Judge on welfare benefits cases.
CPD Hours: 1.5
Speakers: Stephen Marsh and John Eames
Cost: £25.00 per person plus VAT