|Date:||Thursday 21 March 2013|
|Time:||6:00pm - 8:00pm|
|Venue:||Garden Court Chambers, 57-60 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LJ Get directions|
This seminar will provide criminal practioners with practical tips on good practice in case preparation and advocacy.
Topics to be covered include:
- Defence Statements
- The importance of choosing the right expert
- Whether to call the Defendant or defence witnesses
- How best to address different fact-finding tribunals
- The importance of case theory
- The importance of clarity, posture and courtesy
What is included?
- 2 hours of fully-accredited CPD training
- Talks prepared by highly skilled criminal defence barristers
- The opportunity to ask questions
Who should attend?
- Criminal practioners including solicitors and solicitor advocates
About the speakers
David Spens QC is a former Chairman of the Criminal Bar Association, and has appeared in many of the most prominent cases over the last 25 years including recently the Victoria Station case, and Charlie Gilmour.
Antony Dunkels has experience in all areas of criminal defence work. He has regularly appeared in the Court of Appeal in appeals against sentence, an Attorney-General's reference instructed on behalf of the Respondent (R v D M) and as Respondent on an interlocutory appeal by the Crown (R v W and others).
David and Antony are both members of Garden Court Chambers Crime Team.
CPD Hours: 2
Speakers: David Spens QC and Antony Dunkels
Cost: £25.00 per person plus VAT