This seminar is essential for solicitors and caseworkers working with EU citizens and their family members on free movement, immigration, social security, and health care issues.
|Date:||Wednesday 27 March 2019|
|Time:||6pm - 8:30pm|
|Venue:||Garden Court Chambers|
|Areas of Law:||Immigration Law|
This seminar will take place regardless of political developments:
- If there is a deal: the Withdrawal Agreement (who’s in and who’s out); Appendix EU issues; who is under the Immigration Rules; new arrivals post-Brexit
- If there is no deal: unilateral implementation of the Withdrawal Agreement (and the applicable transition periods); new arrivals post-Brexit; European Temporary Leave to Remain
- Consequences for eligibility for homelessness, housing, and benefits
- Consequences for co-ordination of social security contributions (pensions/National Insurance aggregation, cash benefits, export of SNCBs, health care treatment in the EU)
- The role of the Immigration and Social Security (EU Withdrawal) Bill/Act 2019
- Relevance of the Brexit Statutory Instruments
- New Brexit law, the Immigration White Paper, and a future UK immigration system
- British citizens moving to the EU for work, and moving around the EU
Please note that bookings have now closed for this event.