Receive a grounding in public and private children law from two experienced advocates
|Date:||Thursday 4 July 2013|
|Venue:||Garden Court Chambers, 57-60 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LJ Get directions|
This seminar is designed to give those new to family law a grounding in how to represent clients in some of the most common proceedings in the Family Courts, and how to obtain some of the most frequently required orders.
In light of the introduction of the Public Law Outline and the 26-week rule in care proceedings, the speakers will refresh and extend delegates' knowledge of the most common public law applications. They will then move on to explain what is required in common private law children proceedings.
Participants will leave with a valuable toolbox of guidance and examples which will assist them in undertaking their day-to-day case work confidently and efficiently.
Topics to be covered include:
- Obtaining Contact and Residence Orders
- Injunctions and contact
- Making best use of public funding
- Emergency Protection Orders and removal
- S.38(6) assessments and threshold
- Experts and timetabling: the new rules
What is included?
- 1.5 hours of fully-accredited CPD training
- Detailed notes to refer to back at the office
- Talks prepared by experienced family law barristers
- The opportunity to ask questions
Who should attend?
- Family law solicitors in the early stages of their careers
- Family law case workers
About the speakers
CPD Hours: 1.5
Speakers: David Renton and Christopher McWatters
Cost: £25.00 per person plus VAT