|Date:||Wednesday 4 November 2015|
|Time:||4:30pm - 8:00pm|
|Venue:||Doughty Street Chambers, 53-54 Doughty Street, London WC1N 2LS Get directions|
|Areas of Law:||Inquests and Inquiries|
INQUEST warmly invites INQUEST Lawyers' Group (ILG) members to an evening conference on the key themes and recent developments in inquest law, practice and procedure. A panel of specialist inquest practitioners will cover a wide range of the current key issues in inquest law, practice and procedure including:
- The Chief Coroner’s Guidance, Law Sheets and Bench Book: points to look out for, how to use the Chief Coroner’s resources in inquest proceedings, and possible challenges.
- Natural causes deaths: the state of the law, Article 2 arguments, funding, and practical tips on approaching inquest hearings in natural causes cases
- Open justice and media reporting restrictions at inquests: the role of the media in inquest proceedings and making open justice arguments on behalf of the media and bereaved families.
- A year in coronial law and inquest judicial review: recent inquest and Article 2 judicial review, the role of the Chief Coroner in the Administrative Court, and future challenges.
- Recent solicitor and barrister experiences and practical tips for effective representation.
The conference will carry 3.5 hours of accredited CPD and training materials will be provided to all delegates.
- Kirsten Heaven (Garden Court Chambers)
- Sarah Ricca (Deighton Pierce Glynn)
- Deborah Coles (INQUEST)
- Jesse Nicholls (Doughty Street Chambers)
- Sara Lomri (Bindmans)
- Caoilfhionn Gallagher (Doughty Street Chambers)
- Nancy Collins (Irwin Mitchell)
Please note that this seminar is not being administered by Garden Court Chambers. Therefore, any queries should be directed to INQUEST's email address above.