|Date:||Thursday 27 June 2013|
|Time:||6:30pm - 8:00pm|
|Venue:||Garden Court Chambers, 57-60 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LJ|
This seminar will focus on the advocate's role at the beginning of and during a mediation and what to aim for when drafting a settlement agreement at the end. It will include a role play, a useful pre-mediation checklist and answer questions posed by you.
This is an excellent opportunity for participants to find out more about how to advise and represent clients who are involved in civil and commercial disputes at mediation.
- An update of how and when mediation is used
- How to prepare an opening statement
- What to communicate in the opening joint session
- Your role during the private sessions with the mediator
- The aim of a settlement agreement
- Your questions answered
What is included?
- 1.5 hours of fully-accredited CPD training
- Talks prepared by experienced mediators
- The opportunity to ask questions
Who should attend?
- Parties in a dispute
- Legal and non-legal advisers in civil and other disputes
About the speakers
CPD Hours: 1.5
Speakers: Helen Curtis, David Watkinson and Chair: Beatrice Prevatt
Cost: £25.00 per person plus VAT