|Date:||Wednesday 21 March 2018|
|Time:||6:30pm - 8:00pm|
|Venue:||Garden Court Chambers, 57-60 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LJ Get directions|
|Areas of Law:||Court of Protection|
The aim of the seminar is to highlight principles and practice points relevant to busy practitioners through a discussion of recent case-law and developments.
Topics to be covered include:
- Recent cases on best interests and capacity, e.g. consent to marriage (AB v HT ); whether to undertake rehabilitation (Brent v NB & Ors ); fluctuating capacity; best interests and non-therapeutic contraception (The Hospital Trust v Miss V )
- Re X applications to authorise deprivation of liberty - where are we now? Re KT and Ors 
- Deprivation of liberty of 16 and 17 year olds after Birmingham CC v D 
- Evidential threshold for s 48 MCA 2005 interim orders: LB Wandsworth v M  EWHC and Re F 
- The inherent jurisdiction for vulnerable adults: how wide is the "safety net"? Overview of the recent cases in which this jurisdiction was invoked
Drinks and canapés will be served after the seminar for which we hope you will join us.
To book your place on this seminar, please use the booking form below. If you have any queries, please contact the Garden Court Chambers events team at firstname.lastname@example.org.