Current Vacancies (2)
EXCITING CAREER CHANGE OPPORTUNITIES
- Are you fed up with time recording and chasing targets?
- Would you like to use your legal knowledge and expertise in a different, more exciting way?
- Can you identify and develop new business opportunities?
- Would you like to join a progressive Barristers Chambers?
- Would you like to be part of the team matching our business needs with that of our solicitor clients?
If your answer to these questions is YES then consider applying to join Garden Court Chambers.
Garden Court Chambers is a large and dynamic Barristers’ Chambers with a team of dedicated staff who provide the clerking, financial, marketing and administrative support for over 190 barristers. We are a diverse set, specialising in all aspects of human rights and social welfare law, including crime, family law, housing, immigration, and civil law. We are based in a Grade 1 listed building in Lincoln’s Inn Fields, close to Holborn tube station and a range of shops, bars and restaurants.
We are seeking dynamic, ambitious, enthusiastic, confident and conscientious candidates, with solid grasp and experience of legal knowledge in the relevant areas to join our teams. We are currently recruiting for our Civil Liberties, Immigration and Direct Access teams. We are particularly interested in candidates with previous experience in solicitors’ firms, whether as a fee earner or paralegal, or as caseworkers in an Immigration NGOs (for Immigration and Direct Access teams).
If you share our commitment to providing access to justice to all and providing excellent service to our clients, have confidence and know how in dealing with people at all levels and are eager to take part in growing our teams and developing new business initiatives then please get in touch for an informal discussion in the first instance with our Chambers’ Director, Glenn Fletcher on (020 7993 7659) or our Head of HR and Operations, Mia Hakl-Law on (020 7993 7662).
The deadline for this post is Friday 27 October 2017.
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Garden Court Chambers is one of the largest and most successful barristers’ chambers in the UK. Following rapid expansion in recent years, we now have over 180 barristers supported by a busy Clerking team. We are recognised as leaders in civil liberties, housing, immigration, family and public law and criminal defence. Our passion for human rights and social justice has shaped the development of law in these areas over the last 40 years. This is reflected in our ground-breaking cases, which hit the news headlines every week.
Due to continued growth and expansion we are now looking to recruit for an Administrative Assistant.
This is an important role offering support to our Finance and Revenue Control teams and the duties will include the following:
- Arranging weekly banking
- Payment processing
- Data entry into data base
- Purchase ledger Control – in the absence of Accounts Assistant
- Maintain spreadsheet with details of all weekly LAA payment statements
- Scanning & attaching weekly LAA Statements and monthly PSOA Statements
- Producing payment on account applications weekly and liaising with solicitors to allocate funds on CCMS where applicable
- Liaising with solicitors to obtain correct legal aid details
- Liaising with solicitors to allocate funds on CCMS for FAS cases
- Obtain missing documents required to finalise the FAS billing process
- Opening post placed in the Finance Team’s pigeon hole daily and dealing with documents as appropriate
- Keeping filing/scanning up to date and ensuring that files are tidy and accessible
- Assisting with any other day to day administrative tasks necessary
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs (grade C or above) including English and Maths
- Experience within an office environment would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
- IT literate including a good knowledge of Excel
- Good attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and willingness to develop new skills
- A calm, patient approach to work in a very busy environment
- Neatness and accuracy and a methodical approach to work
- Ability to work unsupervised on regular tasks and ensure that are completed on time
Terms and Conditions:
- Salary of circa £22K pa
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- 5% Employers Pension contribution and other benefits (following successful completion of probation)
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan (following successful completion of probation)
How to Apply
The closing date for this post is at 4 PM on Friday 27th October 2017