We are a diverse set, specialising in all aspects of human rights and social welfare law, including crime, family law, housing, immigration, and civil law. We are based in a Grade 1 listed building in Lincoln's Inn Fields, close to Holborn tube station and a range of shops, bars and restaurants.
Garden Court Chambers is one of the largest and most successful barristers’ chambers in the UK. Following rapid expansion in recent years, we now have over 180 barristers supported by a busy operations team. We are recognised as leaders in criminal defence, civil liberties, housing, immigration, family and public law. Our passion for human rights and social justice has shaped the development of law in these areas over the last 40 years. This is reflected in our ground-breaking cases, which hit the news headlines every week.
This role is to provide Credit Control and some billing support to the Head of Revenue Control, to enable a prompt and accurate service to meet the operational requirements of the Barristers.
The successful candidate will work with the Barristers to implement changes to existing working practices and initiate improvements in the use of the Case Management software to encourage prompt billing and improve debt recovery procedures.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Must be confident in making telephone calls for fees collection
- Good systems knowledge, especially Case management systems
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Good attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and ability to assimilate information
- Enthusiasm and willingness to develop new skills
- A calm, patient approach to work in a very busy environment
- Proactive and willing to take initiative
- Professional attitude with good client relationship building skills
- Positive attitude and works well within a team.
- Knowledge of Legal Aid
SALARY, BENEFITS AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Temporary post for 6 to 9 months.
- Salary circa £30,000-£35,000 pro rata, depending on experience
- 25 days Holiday pro rata (excl Bank Holidays but including period between Christmas and New Year)
- Pension and other benefits
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please send your CV and Covering Letter, and the equality monitoring form, to Saleh Ahmed at firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING AND INTERVIEW DATES
The closing date for applications will be at 12pm on 19 August 2022. The interviews will take place shortly after the application window closes.
Garden Court is committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination and to encouraging diversity. Applications from ethnic minority and women candidates are welcome. We seek to operate a fair recruitment process.