We are looking to recruit an experienced Revenue Controller to join our Revenue Controller Team for a 6 month contract.
Please submit CVs to Mia Hakl-Law, Director of Operations and HR, by 12pm on Friday 1 November. Full details below.
Reporting to: Head of Revenue Control
Garden Court Chambers is one of the largest and most successful barristers’ chambers in the UK. Following rapid expansion in recent years, we now have over 180 barristers supported by a busy operations team. We are recognised as leaders in criminal defence, civil liberties, housing, immigration, family and public law. Our passion for human rights and social justice has shaped the development of law in these areas over the last 40 years. This is reflected in our ground-breaking cases, which hit the news headlines every week.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Revenue Controller to join our Revenue Control Team.
You will support the Head of revenue control to enable prompt and accurate service to meet the operational requirements of barristers. You will work as part of a team that has responsibility of billing and credit control from start to finish, liaising with other practice teams and individual barristers to manage WIP and debtor days. This role contains elements of management reporting, as you will produce monthly debtors reports, review the accuracy of data used for credit control, and identify options to improve workflows and efficiency.
- Chasing Legal Aid/Inter Partes debts - via a combination of client visits, phone, email, statements & reminder letters/emails,
- Send monthly debtor statements to key Clients
- Undertake regular visits to major Clients to review outstanding balances and operational issues
- Review Debtor lists/WIP via One to One reviews with Barristers and agree actions
- Attend regular Practice team meetings to update barristers on Debt situation and problem Clients
- Regular reviews of Aged Debt reports with the relevant Clerks for Practice teams
- Review actions with the Billers and Clerks to ensure all information for chasing debts is accurate and up to date
- Check with Clerks and Barristers on proposed LBAs and agree chasing plan
- Set up charge rates and billing parameters e.g. dates etc. for auto billing
- Set up Debtor details and produce initial draft Fee Notes/Bills for review by barrister
- Check funding arrangements/payment terms/Vat/Debtor details/required references
- Agree final version of fee note/bill with barrister & get sign off
- Update & process any amendments on system either as individual or cumulative Fee note/bill
- Produce & send approved fee notes/bills for each stage or required option e.g. complex cases & POAs
- Provide any additional information to assist the Client e.g. cumulative/statement position as well as any individual or stage Fee note/bill
- Knowledge of Legal Aid and Inter Partes Billing and/or collections would be advantageous
- Good systems knowledge, especially Case management systems
- Good understanding of the business processes involved
- Proactive and willing to take initiative
- Excellent organisation skills
- Professional attitude with good client relationship building skills
- Attention to detail
- Good team player
- Salary circa £35K (pro rata) depending on experience
- 25 days Holiday (pro rata)
- Pension and other benefits
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm/9:30am to 6pm (on rotation)
How to apply
Please submit CVs to Mia Hakl-Law, Director of Operations and HR: email@example.com.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 4PM, 17TH NOVEMBER 2019.
Garden Court is committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination and to encouraging diversity.
Applications from ethnic minority and women candidates are welcome. We seek to operate a fair recruitment process.