Garden Court Chambers is a large and dynamic Barristers' Chambers with a team of staff who provide the clerking, financial, marketing and administrative support for over 190 barristers.
We are a diverse set, specialising in all aspects of human rights and social welfare law, including crime, family law, housing, immigration, and civil law. We are based in a Grade 1 listed building in Lincoln's Inn Fields, close to Holborn tube station and a range of shops, bars and restaurants.
We now have a vacancy within our Public Access team for a Public (Direct) Access Administrator.
Garden Court Chambers is one of the largest and most successful barristers’ chambers in the UK. Following rapid expansion in recent years, we now have over 190 barristers supported by a busy operations team. We are recognised as leaders in criminal defence, civil liberties, housing, immigration, family and public law. Our passion for human rights and social justice has shaped the development of law in these areas over the last 40 years. This is reflected in our ground-breaking cases, which hit the news headlines every week.
We are seeking to recruit a Public (Direct) Access Administrator to support our barristers and staff. This is ideal for an experienced paralegal or administrator with good understanding of the Business to Consumer marketplace.
- To deal with all enquiries coming into Chambers via the Public Access route,
- To follow up all visits, phone calls, emails and other enquires from Clients and to filter and evaluate such enquiries,
- To identify the initial issues involved and outline to the Client the various stages of the process involved,
- To liaise with Barristers and Staff to assess the validity of cases and agree on next stages,
- To organise and arrange meetings between the Client and Barristers as required,
- To record the enquiries on the CRM system and update the status at various stages through to a conclusion of each case being accepted or rejected,
- To undertake the administration aspects of the case, including the financial aspects in terms of billing and fee collection,
- To provide administrative support to the Barrister and undertake basic case preparation as required.
- Experience within a legal organisation, preferably solicitors firm providing services directly to members of the public,
- Ability to explain the processes in a clear and concise way,
- Good client skills as this is a front facing role, comfortable on the phone with good ability to listen,
- Solid academic background, preferably with law degree,
- Good IT skills (including MS Word, Excel)
- Knowledge and understanding of rules governing Public Access work for Barristers,
SALARY, BENEFITS AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This position attracts a salary of up to £25,000 pa, plus a range of staff benefits.
- Hours: 9.00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday, with one hour for lunch
- Holidays: 25 days per annum (plus bank holidays)
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- The successful applicant will be required to sign an undertaking of confidentiality.
HOW TO APPLY
To download a copy of the job description and person specification, please click here.
CLOSING AND INTERVIEW DATES
The closing date for applications will be 16:00 on Wednesday 25 September 2019. The interviews are expected to take place in the week beginning Monday 30 September 2019.
Garden Court is committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination and to encouraging diversity. Applications from ethnic minority and women candidates are particularly welcome. We seek to operate a fair recruitment process.