A challenging and exciting opportunity exists at Garden Court Chambers to work alongside some of the UK’s leading specialist barristers to help us confront the changing legal environment.
We have been developing our public access team over the last few years and are now ready to expand the team. We are looking for an experienced legal supervisor with the role involving a mixture of supervisory, legal and business development functions.
There will be no direct giving of legal advice other than in conjunction with counsel acting on a public access basis.
The successful candidate will be a qualified (practising or non-practising) solicitor or foreign qualified lawyer, minimum 5PQE with knowledge of immigration and family law.
The role will be client-facing and therefore strong soft skills are essential.
The successful candidate will work for 24 hours a week, earn £35k (£56k pro rata) and be required to:
- Supervise a team of clerks and paralegals and provide basic training where required
- Develop comprehensive procedures and systems for supporting counsel’s casework including standard letter templates
- Deal with client enquiries and assist in converting those enquiries to new instructions
- Design in collaboration with the marketing and IT departments, a user-friendly client on-boarding process and customer feedback survey
- Monitor and improve service delivery
- Contribute to marketing chambers to new clients e.g. speaking at events (for now remotely) and writing posts and articles on social media
- Liaise with the business development team, informal immigration management committee, and clerking teams
- Report to the management committee on the project’s progress
- Support counsel in the delivery of legal advice, representation and advocacy, initially in immigration and family law
- Qualified solicitor
- 5 year PQ experience with knowledge of immigration and/or family law
- Experience in creating successful case management processes
- Ability to explain processes to the public in a clear and concise way
- Good client skills as this is a front facing role, comfortable on the phone, able to listen
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience in managing teams
- Good public speaking skills
- Good IT skills (including Word, Excel)
How to apply
Garden Court is committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination and to encouraging diversity. Applications from ethnic minority and women candidates are particularly welcome. We seek to operate a fair recruitment process.