Garden Court Chambers is a large and dynamic set of barristers' Chambers. We also have a loyal and dynamic staff team who provide the clerking and practice management, financial, marketing and administrative support to over 190 barristers. We are a multi-disciplinary set, specialising in all aspects of human rights and civil liberties work including crime, family, housing, immigration, and public law. We are currently based in a Grade 1 listed building in Lincoln's Inn Fields, close to Holborn tube station and a range of shops, bars and restaurants.
We now have a vacancy within the Finance Team for a Management Accountant.
We are looking to recruit an experienced, conscientious and hardworking Management Accountant to work within our busy Finance Team.
The role would be idea for someone who is currently studying towards their ACCA/CIMA qualifications.
- Assisting and preparing Management Accounts
- Assisting with preparation and monitoring of Cash flow forecast
- Overseeing activities of Accounts Clerk
- Maintain up to date bank reconciliations
- Prepayment/accrual journals
- Nominal ledger reconciliations
- Assist with the preparation of annual audit file and documents for External Auditors
- Ensuring Company’s’ quarterly VAT Return is submitted and paid in a timely manner
- Purchase and sales ledger control
- Processing supplier and all other BACS payments
- Producing Barristers’ weekly payment statements and associated administrative tasks
- Producing Barristers monthly Chambers Invoices and processing Direct Debit
- Ensuring all applicable expenses incurred are appropriately recharged
- Maintaining Special Fund/Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) accounts and associated administrative tasks
- Producing reports for Barristers/Accountants for VAT and Tax purposes
- Assisting with preparation of Insurance Renewals for Barristers/staff
- WIP reporting/Time analysis
- Adhoc reporting and analysis
- Assisting with any other day to day administrative tasks as necessary
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2 years’ experience of working in a Finance Role
- Knowledge of Accounting packages
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including intermediate Excel skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail when recording financial transactions are essential as is the ability to record all financial transactions in a timely manner and keep the records up to date
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to explain information in a clear and understandable way to non-finance professionals
- Ability to prioritise ,multitask and use initiative
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to use own initiative and work unsupervised
- Ability to work and co-operate as part of a Team, with a positive “can do” attitude
- Ability to follow existing systems and procedures efficiently
- Ability to work in a changing and flexible organisation
- Excellent record of punctuality and attendance
- Salary circa £30K depending on experience
- 25 days Holiday
- Pension and other benefits
HOURS: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm/9.30am to 6pm (weekly rotation)
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING AND INTERVIEW DATES
The closing date for applications will be at 16:00 on Monday 22nd July 2019. The interviews will take place ASAP.
Garden Court is committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination and to encouraging diversity. Applications from ethnic minority and women candidates are particularly welcome. We seek to operate a fair recruitment process.