Garden Court Chambers is a large and dynamic set of barristers' Chambers. We also have a loyal and dynamic staff team who provide the clerking and practice management, financial, marketing and administrative support to over 190 barristers. We are a multi-disciplinary set, specialising in all aspects of human rights and civil liberties work including crime, family, housing, immigration, and public law. We are currently based in a Grade 1 listed building in Lincoln's Inn Fields, close to Holborn tube station and a range of shops, bars and restaurants.
We now have a vacancy within the Revenue Control Team for a Credit Controller.
This role is to provide Credit Control and some billing support to the Head of Revenue Control, to enable a prompt and accurate service to meet the operational requirements of the Barristers. The successful candidate will work with the Barristers to implement changes to existing working practices and initiate improvements in the use of the Case Management software, to effectively manage time recording and WIP, to encourage prompt billing and improve debt recovery procedures.
- Experience in Credit Control
- Must be confident in making telephone calls for fees collection
- Good systems knowledge, especially Case management systems
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Good attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and willingness to develop new skills
- A calm, patient approach to work in a very busy environment
- Good understanding of the business processes involved
- Proactive and willing to take initiative
- Professional attitude with good client relationship building skills
- Good team player
- Knowledge of Legal Aid
- Experience of Time Recording functions
- Experience of WIP and billing parameters
BENEFITS and TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Salary circa £35K depending on experience
- 25 days Holiday per annum
- Interest free season ticket loan (upon successful completion of probation)
- Pension and other benefits
- HOURS: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm/9.30am to 6pm (weekly rotation)
- The successful candidate will be required to sign an undertaking of confidentiality
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this post, please email your CV and a completed equality and diversity monitoring form to Saleh Ahmed, Operations Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING AND INTERVIEW DATES
The closing date for applications will be at 16:00 on Wednesday 28th August 2019. The interviews will take place ASAP.
Garden Court is committed to eliminating all forms of discrimination and to encouraging diversity. Applications from ethnic minority and women candidates are particularly welcome. We seek to operate a fair recruitment process.