Dinah Loeb specialises in complex family litigation. She is experienced in all courts including the Court of Appeal, undertaking work on the South Eastern Circuit, Western Circuit and London. Dinah is qualified to take on direct access work, visit Dinah's direct access website for more information.
In financial disputes and solutions, Dinah's main areas of practice are:
- Ancillary relief on divorce/ civil partnership dissolution
- Claims under the Inheritance Act (Provision for Families and Dependants)
- Financial claims on behalf of children
- Property disputes between unmarried couples
She is regularly instructed in complex middle- and high-net-worth cases including disputes involving businesses, asset tracing and property held overseas or by third parties.
- Acting for husband in financial proceedings where wife unsuccessfully alleged husband was concealing his assets.
- Successfully protecting assets held in one party's sole name after a long marriage.
- Acting for father in proceedings under Schedule 1 Children Act where the mother is seeking to challenge a CMS assessment.
- Advising and representing appellant in relation to an outright transfer of property under Schedule 1 Children Act.
- Representing the claimant in a contested probate dispute.
- Representing a mother intervening in divorce proceedings to protect her interest in properties held in the husband and wife's names.
- Acting for a father in High Cost care proceedings involving NAI and neglect.
Dinah has substantial experience in complex public law cases representing parents, children and local authorities, involving non-accidental injury, sexual abuse and chronic neglect issues.
She is regularly instructed on behalf of parents seeking child arrangement orders and is experienced in cases involving applications to remove children permanently from the UK, international child abduction and private law guardian cases.
- Child arrangement orders concerning where children live and how much family contact they should have
- Disputes regarding education
- Disputes regarding medical treatment
- Applications to remove children from the jurisdiction
- Child abduction, to and from the jurisdiction
B (a child) (2012) EWCA Civ 737
Court of Appeal decision rejecting a grandmother's application for leave to be joined as a party to care proceedings seeking to care for her grandchild where her prospects of success were too low to warrant joinder as a party.
Acting for a father in private law proceedings where the mother made false allegations that the father posed a sexual risk to children. The child was ultimately placed with the father due to concerns about emotional harm by the mother.
Acting for the Guardian on a successful appeal against the discharge of Care Order.
With more than 20 years' legal experience having qualified as a solicitor in 1990, as a mediator in 2002 and a barrister in 2004, Dinah is experienced across both sides of the profession so is able to support lay and professional clients through the litigation process.
Training and Seminars
Regularly undertaking training in all arears of family law.
- LLB (Hons)
- Trained Mediator
- Family Law Bar Association
- Association of Lawyers for Children