Individuals and organisations can instruct us directly for advice and representation relating to their immigration law needs.
If you would like to get in touch, please fill out our enquiry form below or call our Public Access team on 020 7993 7777.
Please also see below for a full list of our Public Access Immigration barristers.
Garden Court’s Immigration Team is recognised as the pre-eminent set of barristers in the UK for immigration law advice. We are the only set of barristers awarded the highest ‘Band 1’ status for immigration law advice by the independent Chambers Bar Guide rankings. You can be assured your case will be handled with unrivalled levels of expertise.
We know the immigration system from end to end, and have seen every kind of problem. Our barristers have appeared in many of the cases that have shaped immigration law in the UK. All of the leading guides for immigration lawyers have been written by members of our immigration law team.
If your case is really important to you then you may well want to instruct a senior barrister, who is well known in the immigration Tribunal system and has very extensive legal experience. You may alternatively prefer to instruct a ‘junior’, who will still be experienced and knowledgeable, but can handle cases more cost-effectively. We have a barrister to suit every situation, backed-up by a sophisticated support team that helps you every step of the way.
How we can help
- Strategic advice on the evidence and arguments you need to present for an application to the Home Office or Entry Clearance Officer;
- Realistic guidance on your options when your last application has failed (including further applications and legal challenges to the existing refusal);
- Reading refusal letters and the underlying applications, and drafting administrative review applications;
- Advising on witness statements and supporting documents, providing persuasive grounds of appeal, written arguments for court hearings and the highest quality of representation at appeal hearings;
- Obtaining permission to appeal to the Upper Tribunal against First-tier Tribunal decisions and then providing expert representation at subsequent hearings
- Helping to steer a judicial review application to a realistic conclusion that best fights your corner.
Recent successes for our clients
- Overturning refusals based on dishonesty allegations, such as
refusals of settlement because the Home Office do not accept your claimed earnings are genuine, including where there are inconsistencies between earnings shown on tax returns and immigration applications;
- Accusations that you have cheated in past English language tests;
- Omissions in application forms;
- Obtaining permanent residence for European Economic Area (EEA) nationals with complex histories of work, self-sufficiency and study;
- Obtaining indefinite leave to remain by demonstrating that the continuous residence period had been miscalculated by the decision-maker;
- Getting refusals overturned for much-loved family members who have been repeatedly denied visit visas;
- Getting visas for entrepreneur applicants whose application had been refused because their business was criticised as not being genuine;
- Persuading judges that Tier 1 applications should not have been refused on ‘genuineness’ grounds;
- Preventing deportation by putting together a watertight case on links to the UK; and
- Obtaining a visa for an elderly adult dependent relative with complicated care needs that could not be met in their country of origin
- Demonstrating that there really were “insurmountable obstacles” to relocation abroad for a loving couple whose “partner” application had been refused
- Making further representations that were accepted as a fresh human rights claim, generating a further right of appeal.
If you would like to find out more about how we can help, please fill out our enquiry form below or call our Public Access Team on 020 7993 7777.